Are you tired of not knowing what's in your skincare products?
Need inspiration for easy, handmade gifts?
Or maybe you’re looking for some easy, family-friendly recipes and treats?
Well, you've come to the right place - welcome to Tweak and Tinker!
I'm Celine, a wife, and mom who's passionate about all things homemade and DIY. Back in 2018, I started this blog to share everything I know about soap making, but it didn't stop there. Now, we dive into the world of homemade skincare and simple recipes together.
It all began with my oldest having sensitive skin and eczema from a young age. I started buying organic skincare, which was quickly getting quite pricey. Then, one day, I had a lightbulb moment while visiting a friend's "soap kitchen". I thought, "How cool would it be if I could make my own skincare?" And that's when the adventure began.
I’ve always been a crafter and loved to figure out and create stuff. So, before I knew it, I was making all sorts of things: body butter, goat milk soap, lip balms, bath bombs, you name it! And, my son’s eczema? – Well, that slowly got better as well.
These days, I love getting my kids involved in my creative escapades. They're my trusty kitchen assistants, inspiring me to come up with unique recipes, and they're not afraid to give their honest opinions either 😉. We especially love our homemade popsicles, a stand-by freezer item around here.
A little bit more about me
- I was born and raised in Germany. Since my mom is from France, I was fortunate to grow up bilingual.
- Both my parents are only-children. I sometimes joke that I must have the smallest family on the planet (no aunts, uncles, or cousins!)
- I met my husband while on a backpacking trip through New Zealand almost 20 years ago. After 4 years of long-distance love, he finally convinced me to move to the U.S.
- I'm a physical therapist by trade and have trained to be a massage therapist, esthetician, and yoga teacher as well 🤓
- I like to garden and grow food. One of my favorite activities is weeding, I find it quite meditative 🤣
- I had extreme morning sickness for the better part of my pregnancies 🤢 - no fun!
- I can drink coffee at any temperature, never mind lukewarm or cold ☕ caffeine is caffeine, right?
I’m so glad you found my little corner of the digital universe. Drop me a comment below and let me know what you’d like to read about in future posts.
Until next time. Happy Tinker