This luxury face oil recipe is very easy to make and will bring an instant glow to your skin.
You know how it goes: one busy day leads to another busy day and before you know it you've fallen off the skin care routine wagon and your skin needs some instant TLC.
With two small children this scenario is way too familiar to me. There's only so much neglect my sensitive and dry skin can take before it starts to show signs of stress. What I do in this case is whip up a batch of my favorite face oil. It has been formulated with skin regeneration in mind and simply feels gorgeous on the skin.
I'm always shocked by how much some brands charge for their "luxury" face oils and when you look at the ingredient list you realize you can easily replicate these oils. Admittedly the ingredients for this serum are a little bit more pricey, but I think it's still worth it.
To get the most out of your ingredients I recommend you buy the smallest quantities possible. You won't need much oil to last you for many months and that way your oils won't spoil before you use them up. Also, it's best to store all of your ingredients (carrier oils and essential oils) in your fridge in a special container. That way you can prolong the shelf life of your oils.
How to use face oils?
- Give bottle a quick shake before use
- Apply 5-6 drops on clean damp skin
- Use upward strokes to apply (you want to work against gravity, right?;)
- If you use a moisturizer or night cream, apply before face oil serum
- Face oil serums will NOT hydrate your skin, that's why it's important to also use a product that contains water if your skin is dehydrated
- I use this oil in the morning and at night, but if you feel like it's too heavy for your skin during the day, use it only at night
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning at no additional costs to you will I earn a commission if you decide to click through and make a purchase. Read the full disclosure here.
Face Oil Recipe (will make about 4 x o.5 oz glass dropper bottles) :
- o.5 oz hazelnut oil
- 0.5 oz sunflower oil
- 0.25 oz rose hip seed oil
- 0.25 oz argan oil
- 10 drops vitamin E tocopherol
- 10 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of carrot seed essential oil
- Sanitize a small measuring cup or beaker with rubbing alcohol
- Using a digital kitchen scale weigh all your ingredients and add into your beaker
- Give your mix a quick stir and carefully pour it into the small glass bottles
- Seal each one with the cap
Until next time. Happy Tinkering!