When you're thinking salsa you're thinking spicy? It doesn't always have to be. Non-spicy salsa recipe for kids is mild and packed with fresh vegetables. The whole family will love this easy homemade salsa recipe! And, best of all: in only takes 10 minutes to make.
This kiddie salsa is our favorite dip for tortilla chips and veggie sticks. We also love it as a topping for tacos and taco cornbread casserole. It tastes just as good as the pico de gallo from our favorite mexican restaurant. Even my picky eaters love this fresh salsa.
The trick to making mild salsa is to choose ingredients that aren't spicy. This recipe is very adaptable - just leave out what your kids won't eat or replace it with something they like.
- Tomatoes: any type of tomato will work, some will add more sweetness than others
- Green pepper: to add crunch, you can use red or orange bell pepper or sweet peppers instead
- Lime juice
- Onion (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Kids Salsa
I like to finely chop all the ingredients by hand. I find it's a great way to get kids involved in food prep. You can use a food processor for this as well, check out instructions in recipe card.
To a medium bowl, add the diced tomatoes, diced onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Mix until well combined. Serve with their favorite chips right away or let it rest in the fridge for a day.
You can literally throw anything they like into this salsa. Here are just some ideas:
- bell peppers
- sweet peppers
You can easily make this salsa in a food processor, but it's not a must.
Salsa tastes best when it's been chilled for a day, in my opinion. You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Yes, non spicy salsa is a great way for kids and toddlers to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. As long as they like tomatoes.
No, you can use lime or lemon juice for added acidity.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Mild Salsa Recipe (Kid-friendly)
Delicious non-spicy salsa recipe for kids. Fresh salsa is great for dipping and as a topping for tacos.
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium onion, (chopped, optional)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice, from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, add the diced tomatoes, diced onion, chopped cilantro, the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix until well combined. Serve with their favorite chips right away or let it rest in the fridge for a day.
3. Or, add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until perfect consistency is achieved. For smooth salsa pulse longer, for chunky salsa sorter.
Leave a Reply